Why you should use the Staffroom to support your CPD?
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) refers to the process of tracking and documenting the skills, knowledge and experience that you gain both formally and informally as you work, beyond any initial training. It’s a record of what you experience, learn and then apply.
What is CPD for?
The CPD process helps you manage your own development on an ongoing basis. It’s function is to help you record, review and reflect on what you learn. It’s not a tick-box document recording the training you have completed. It’s much broader and more important than that.
The key features of the CPD process
To justify the name, CPD needs to:
• be a documented process
• be self-directed: driven by you, not your employer
• focus on learning from experience, reflective learning and review
• help you set development goals and objectives
• include both formal and informal learning.
How can the Staffroom support you with your CPD?
- Start your development journey by completing our self-assessments
- Prioritise your immediate development goals and set yourself some targets
- Plan your CPD activities in an easy and accessible format
- Keep up with news and articles and earn points towards your CPD
- Download and use hundreds of resources from the site
- Visit our bookshop and browse some great titles
- Participate in our recommended CPD events
- Upload and share your own best practice resources
- Get a great deal on professional indemnity insurance
- Search for your next job role
- Start to develop a best practice approach towards your professional development
- Keep yourself at the forefront of your profession
- Receive a CPD certificate once you’ve achieved your goals
‘The CPD planner is fantastic and an invaluable tool to support my professional development’ Tracey Jarratt – Assessor and Internal Quality Assurer